Tucker Sadler Architects designed their own tenant improvement office space in downtown San Diego.. The space was designed as an open office plan to encourage collaborative work, as well as provide daylight and transparency. The space is LEED Gold certified for Commercial Interiors (version 2.0.)
LEED credits/points earned included:
- 12 points achieved by specifying materials and finishes with high recycled content, low VOC emissions, local/regional manufacturing, and by reusing existing furniture
- 24% water savings over EPA Act of 1994 (over 600,000 gallons saved annually).
- 26% better than Title-24 by specifying high-performance fluorescent and LED lighting
- Earned all five Innovation in Design credits
- Collaboration with The Irvine Company to earn several credits based on the LEED for Existing Buildings Operations & Maintenance (EBOM) rating system